Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 3

Today I read poems by the second writer. One poem and novel by him left.
Then I went and re-applied to the Academy. But I forgot one paper for MSLU so I'll go there tomorrow. Again. I spend so much time on things because of my mistakes.
In the evening I listened to the lecture James D. Watson, the scientist who discovered DNA structure with F. Crick . Wow, I saw a person whom I knew from my biology student book. And he was ALIVE X) That is crazy. He is 80 this year.
Well. There are James Watson quotes (I can't ascertain you that they are exact and right, but I tried to write them down as soon as possible):

"We wanted to be first"
"Committees slow everything down" - about hiring people.
"We hired people before everybody knew they were good."
"As a boy I was told that mathematicians are strange."
"All the things I said might be wrong except... I don't think so."
"People who work on schizophrenia, they should be excited. That is a message of my lecture".

So, that's it. Prof. J. Watson said a lot more but I was so amazed at first that I didn't write it down. His words were motivational, he wanted to inspire scientists. That was great.
Ah, now I have only two exams on 23. And one will be on 18 (in Academy - History). And I must pass it with all my might.
Good luck everyone!

No comments: